Guestbook~

HEYYYYY, this guestbook is for ALL people who drop by this blog, even if you're not from ICF. DO LEAVE US A WORD!!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some stories

Hey all, just yesterday I told you bout a site of making a difference... Here's a few stories (out of 200+ pages of stories) about how someone's life was touched thanks to another...

Today I was walking to my $60 voice lesson, with the money in my pocket. It fell, I didn't notice. (I'm 14, that's alot to me) A man picked it up and gave it to me so quickly that he couldn't even have considered keeping it for himself.It restored my faith in humanity. :] MLIG

Today, I was helping my papa get ready for a small cook-out in the back of his condominium complex. He saw a familiar elderly man, who lives by himself with his wife in a nursing home suffering with Alzheimers, sitting by himself at a nearby table. My papa invited him to join us and completely made the man's day. HisLifeIsG

Tonight, crying for the first time in 6 months,reading so many stories on MLIG has made me realize that I can have faith in people. I believe in love again. MLIG

Today I took slips of paper and wrote things like "Whoever picks this up, if you're ever feeling lonely or need somebody to talk to, there's someone you can call." I then included my number and have been placing them somewhere at each place I go. This site is the reason I finally got up the courage to be the kind person I once was again. Thanks everyone. Our lives are amazing, hopefully I'll help out someone else's.

Last night, I was lying in bed feeding my dog crackers and watching a movie. She looked up at me with the only smile I've ever seen on an animal, and the one I've been seeing for years. I know every time she looks at me she thanks me for saving her life that one night when I took her in from the woods. HLIG because of me.

The first week in July at the camp I attended I made many friends, one whom opened up to me and felt I was someone he could talk to. At the end of the camp, he came up to me and told me how much I helped him try to get through some of his issues and all the lessons I taught him. I love helping people this way, MLIG.

Today, a suicidal friend was being all gloom and doom. I couldn't take it and told them to be thankful for having a life to live! I was born with a heart/brain problem and could die any given day. After I told them that, something clicked in their mind. They couldn't understand how I could live like that. I told them "cause I don't have any other choice" They told me "you're strong". I told "you are too". I'm now helping them to learn to enjoy life again. Our Lives Are Good [and will be getting better!]

Yesterday, my college offered me $10,000 to take a gap year. Last week, I was going to be heading off to another year of studying my butt off next month but instead I'm going to be traveling the world to help kids in impoverished countries. MLIG

Today I delivered food to a local food bank. Homeless men helped us unload the food into the pantry. After unloading, I sat and talked with a homeless man. He told me that his whole life he's watched his dreams be crushed by the reality he wouldn't be able to accomplish them. With tears running down his face, he told me that by me sitting and listening with him and providing him with food meant so much to him. It really made me realize how much I have, and how GREAT my life truly is! mlig.


If you're wondering, MLIG stands for My Life Is Good/Great
=)

2 comments: